Sunday, January 27, 2008

Where is Waldo

Thats what I love about poetry
Its more than the words you read
Its whats in between,
You've got to look at the scene.
Trust me for one thing that is for sure
It's not like trying to find Waldo
With his stupid hat and candy cane shirt.
No it's an unexpected slap in that face.
You may not like it but tough,
life's unfair.
Its what I want you to feel,
awkward and weird.
I want you to stand and say,
thats not right.
When I say the wealthy are wise
and the poor are ignorant,
I want you to stand and say,
thats not right.
To often we take an unexpected slap in stride,
Like we just don't care
But I take that and read in between these lines.
And finding maybe we're just to scared.
Maybe we are to numb to reality
And the senses of life don't shock us anymore,
But we're left with the search to find Waldo...

No comments: