Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Beauty In Plain Sight

So for the past two days it has been bright and sunny. Cold but sunny! Today I had to make a couple of deliveries to down town Seattle and man was it beautiful. Then sun beams were bouncing off the tall buildings lighting up the city. The water simmering like glass. I thought to my self, how often do I look at Seattle with such detail and attention? How much do I truly enjoy its beauty?

From the thought of Seattle and its simple beauty, I began to think how much beauty created by God is simply staring me in the face knocking me on the head like they do in that V8 juice commercial. The more I looked around me the more I began to see the simple beauty in things and places and people that I had never seen before, never in the 20 years that I have lived here. I realized as I was screaming down the I-5 corridor ( I wasn't really screaming in my car as I was driving, I was just going a little faster than I should have) I realized how quickly I blow through things without taking the time to pay attention to the simple beauty of things.

Its as the saying goes, simply stop and smell the roses. Enjoy where your at, take time to appreciate the little things as well as the big things in life. Appreciate the simple things!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

the bend of I-5 going south, when you round the corner from Shoreline to North Seattle, on a clear day, it's one of my most favorite views. overstretched above everything is mt. rainier in all it's glory (on a clear day anyhow.) i refer to those days as days when God is smiling at me! because no matter how i'm feeling it's a reminder of how awesome He is and how beautiful this area is, it's like a breath of fresh air. our family's cabin on the water... same thing. view of the water, the mountains, the glow from the city on the other side of the hills... i'll have to take you there.